Thursday, July 16, 2015

Starfox Adventures day 1

I started Starfox Adventures tonight after a couple of days trying to track down my component cables (failed to locate them) and my gamecube memory card. I was surprised that it took about 30 minutes before you saw or played as Fox. Krystal seems likes an interesting character but I was honestly confused with the language. I thought the game must not be sat to English. I am guessing it must be the native language of the Dinosaurs. I do find it funny that General Scale was in English. I also had a huge problem navagating the ship due to it being so dark. A quick brightness adjustment and i was good to go. I completed the first trial and the plot was put in motion. With that Fox McCloud burst onto the scence. I havent played Starfox since the Nintendo 64. He is reminding me of Marvel's Guardian of the Galaxy's Starlord. He seems to be only out for himself and only become interested when General Pepper said that his fee was approved and once he completes the mission the money is his instantly. Throughout my play session tonight I heard a lot of sarcasim that I was not expecting. He starts off on a classic space flying level full of astoroids, mines, and enemy ships. After flying through a gold ring you are able to proceed to the planet. General Pepper forces yoy to use your head and forbids you to not take your blaster on the planet. This reminded me of the main gripe people had with Metroid Other M. Once I started wondering around talking to the dinos I really started liking the game. I am really getting the feel of a Zelda game with hidden caves, puzzles, and exploration. I discovered the weapon, Krystal dropped it after being shot at by General Scale, and went through the quest to see if i was worry of it to power it up. I kinda got lost a couple times and ended up getting to an area that I need 60 scarabs, the in game currancy, to progress. I am hoping that the wallet is not available yet because I made several trips through the store looking for a wallet. I was buying bomb seeds over and over until I discovered a bomb plant near the Arwing. After that and getting hints from slippy I figured out that i needed to stop looking for where i needed to go next and ise the flame power on the staff to open the room behind where my first combat test was at to talk to the queen. She sent me off on a quest to talk to the Warpstone so I could save the Prince Tricky. It was getting late on me so my next play session I will have to find something in the store to buy to give to the Warpstone so I can go save the Prince. Good night everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment